Elmhurst Lions Club

The Elmhurst Lions Club was originally chartered on June 7, 1923, the initial club had fifty members; this club was cancelled in 1936, and re-organized in September 1940 as a new club, sponsored by the Lions Club of Maywood. In June 2009, the Noon Club and the Evening Club merged. The motto of Lions Clubs International is "We Serve" and the Elmhurst Lions Club has excelled in this endeavor by serving many families in need in our Community, State, and the Nation.

 

Since 1917, Lions have served the world's population through hard work and commitment to make a difference in the lives of people everywhere. The International Association of Lions Clubs began as the dream of Chicago businessman Melvin Jones. He believed that local business clubs should expand their horizons from purely professional concerns to the betterment of their communities and the world at large. Currently with 1.35 million members serving in more than 45,000 clubs in 200 countries and geographical areas, Lions Clubs International is the world's largest service club organization. Lions are recognized worldwide for their service to the blind and visually impaired. This service began when Helen Keller challenged the Lions to become her "knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness" during the association's 1925 international convention. Lions are also involved in a variety of other activities to improve their communities and help people in need, such as assisting the hearing impaired, and working with diabetes awareness and education, environmental projects and youth programs.

 

 

Today the Elmhurst Lions Club maintains a membership of approximately 45 members and meets Bi-Monthly on the Second and Fourth on Mondays at 12:15 at the Wilder Mansion for our lunch business meeting.

© Elmhurst Lions Club
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software